Yesterday at the WMFL, I had the good fortune to meet Ed aka Littleboat. We found out we had a few things in common besides salmon fishing, namely wives that won't get up early to go salmon fishing. Feeling sorry for him (and desperate for the extra lines his license would allow me to run), I asked him to join me today at 4:30 am. Ed was waiting at the dock when I arrived...... early.

We ran out to 90 fow slightly south west of channel,and set lines, trolling 90 - 120 fow all the way to Saugatuck without a hit. Began a west troll and began marking fish in 150-160 but no takers until we got out to 190 fow. 300 copper with DW blue spatterback Captain's Choice plug was first to go. We landed a nice 10 lb steelhead and a short time later, landed a bookend on braid dipsey set to 3 with UV Spindoctor and my favorite Big Weenie Last Brunch fly. Lost a 3rd hit in 190 fow on a 5 color with magnum Lemonberry.

Made it back up to the channel and turned in trolling east and the dipsey went off with another steelhead again. Trolled in and did another south run in 120 fow marking fish but just couldn't get anything to go.

Once again, thanks Ed for the company.

I enjoyed your company, mom too, especially when she took control of the second steelhead with NO problem at all. I was impressed. She is my hero. I had a great time. Thanks.

LB

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app