Saugatuck 6-28 kids and kings

Shotgun starts aren't that much fun when there's only one other boat around but we dropped the bomb on the 350 anyway and for the second year in a row I think we caught the first fish as the second rigger we put on the bottom in 65' took a small laker. Fish in the box 13 minutes into a tourney. However, not a sign of things to come. Got the spread in turned south and slid to 80'.

Seven color exploded with a nice steel that cartwheeled 20 times easy. Kids took turns horsing the thankfully tripped board to the boat, then Andrea took over until we were on mono, and Lauren closed the deal. 11.44# good for 18th and a trophy.

Shortly thereafter a wire diver meat rig got rocked but came unbuttoned. That was it, got hot wind died flies got brutal not wanting to freak out my youngest as she isn't sold on fishing yet, the oldest said we didn't need to get her a fish ( not that I could ) that would score big so we bailed at 10 am.

Thanks to the guy behind me at weigh in that joked about checking my daughter's I.d. She has a genetic disorder that affects her growth and is about 8" shorter than the kids in her class. You made her cry as it's a sensitive issue for her. Funny thing is with the supplements she takes at 43" tall she can pace me for 1/2 mile when I jog and smoke me at any distance shorter.

Thanks to the sponsors and all the people behind the scenes that make this happen. 109 kids. How awesome is that.