Heard a wise man say, find out what they want, and give them lots of it. Typically an inline/harness rig, I gave them bottom bouncers in their face. Ran se of Au Gres about 8 miles and started over deeper water trolling easterly with the waves. Bouncers on one side and In-lines on the other. We quickly were aware that harnesses close to the bottom would rule the day. Multiple colors were productive, coppers, anti freeze, purples and pink panties along with a few custom streaks kept us extremely busy most of the day. Our first pass was about a 3 mile troll from 37fow all the way to 23fow.....catching fish the entire way. We were participating in the Au Gres Firemans event and decided to return a good majority of the fish we were catching in hopes of better fish. We made that pass 2 x and caught a lot of fish, before we started taking decent fish over the deeper water at which point we ground it out in the deeper water putting together a 17# bag! not great! but it's what we had! biggest was 4.88#. Bonus 12.5" fat plump juicy perch and a master angler catfish measuring 32-33". We caught fish with only one lul about noon. After that action picked back up again.

Kept our 15 and there back that many plus a few.

Nice job Jason. We too competed in the fireman's tourney. We had similar results with lots of fish. Put 10 in the box by 10 am then started trying to upgrade. We fished 8 miles to the south of AuGres at one point and trolled east with the wind. Found some bigger fish there but nothing near 5 lbs that it would have taken to compete. Then the wind switched and things got slow. Our biggest was 3 lbs with a total of 11.91. I wish I knew where they pulled that 22 lb basket from. It was a beautiful day on the bay

A few people I know fished in a different spot, some good weights and some 14-16# baskets came from the area they fished....we did lose another 5-6#r at the back of the boat. I do know the farther SE we went the smaller the fish that we caught, and lots of them.