Saturday we got out a little late due to having to get the boat back in the water and all set up again. we headed out to a spot in the bay that produced good fish before in 18 ft of water before we had the third rod in the water we had our first eye in the box. reset that line and before i got the rod in the holder second fish on another walleye. then nothing for hours we tried fast slow high low spoons harnesses you name it. finally four hours later in front of stoney point we hooked one more. then as we were pulling lines we picked up our last fish for the day. ending with only four fish. Threw back about 50 silver bass. Evan my 6 year old made it the whole time out there but he didnt want to reel in fish.

Sunday went out in front of fermy 24 ft hooked the first fish and Evan wanted to reel it in Walleye. his first one that he caught. then same thing nothing till just about time to pull lines and we hooked a second walleye. Lots of silvers again. Talked to a couple guys that cam in with limits and they were pulling cranks. We pulled spoons and crawler harnesses again. Also heard that the fishing was great out by the island so we stopped and got our OH licenses. Here is a pic of evans first walleye:

evan_thumb.jpg

Aaron, You are a good father. Keeping kids hooked on fishing will pay dividends I'm sure. GJ on the Erie fish. How's your dad doing? It was a pleasure meeting the two of you last Fall.

Dad is doing really well we'll have to trade trips this summer. We would love to come up and fish with you. I might have to drag Evan along.

Dad is doing really well we'll have to trade trips this summer. We would love to come up and fish with you. I might have to drag Evan along.

Bring it on Aaron. I'd love to have you and any of your family onboard. Kids are special on Priority1. I'll have my grandson Alex here next week. He's 11 yo. Last year if he wasn't on a rod I made sure he was on the net. He did a gr8 job and it gives all kids an ego boost when they can participate in all phases of the game. I may have him start setting lines this year. I'll make it special for Evan.