Boats Home!!!

well enough snow finally melted by this afternoon making it possible to drag the boat out of storage:D. Opened it up this afternoon and took a look at what was needed to install the auto pilot. after a trip to the hardware store I have what I need to get the job done. Biggest thing was trying to figure out how to connect the rudder reference transducer. So I got to work and got the ball mounted to the steering arm that was fun to drill trough. After it got dark I spent some time fabing a spacer to get the rudder reference transducer in line with the steering arm. That is tomorrows project then to installing the rest of it which shouldn't be to bad to do,

Im jealous.

My boat is in heated storage facility so I am at their mercy as to when I can pick it up, then it has to go be summerized.

Im almost glad there is still ice so I know im not missing anything yet:no:

any suggestions to someone about to put in the same auto pilot? I haven't bought the rudder reference yet, and was somewhat planning on trying without it for a year. what made you decide to buy it?

Mine came with it. Get it if you can it may be a pain to install it but it made configuring it so easy and you dont have to worry about the steering box oversteering into your stops and stripping the gears in the motor. Take your time and read the instructions a couple times. Dont rush i took a whole weekend to get mine done.