Summer salmon fishing around the thumb area

I have fished all the great lakes except Huron for salmon and getting a chance for a week in mid July. We are staying near Port Hope but I plan on putting in at either Caseville, Port Austin or Harbor beach. Looking for some starting tips on fishing the area, hazards, best rigs, Copper, dipseys, etc. I usually fish for salmon in Lake Ontario or Michigan but want to try the thumb for a change. Any help appreciated..

Don't forget about Port Sanilac:). Great place to get a nice mix in the cooler. There have been days where we have caught lakers, kings, steelies, coho, and walleye. Lake Huron doesn't relinquish her beauties easily though, you will most likely have to work hard for the fish you catch. Port Austin can be tricky to navigate(inside and outside)harbor.

Thanks Frank and Brandon... Looking back at some old posts I think you're right about getting a mixed catch. The wife and I spent a weekend in Port Austin (love that town) and checked out all the launches from Austin to Lexington. Seems like the ports near the tip have many shallows and rocks which is a bit nerving. Port Hope looked really shallow, not like the deeper water on Michigan and Ontario.