east wind - giddy up.

So the East wind cooled the shoreline down off Holland today (it won't last but I figured it was going to for at least today) so I went out trolling on the jon boat again with the kids again. Surface temp was 62 degrees. Didn't get anything in Mac or the channel and there were loads of boats passing through so shifted out in front of the pier. Did well there. 3 for 4 on hogs. Just north of the pier in about 25-30 FOW was where they were hanging out tonight. South troll was best. Big fish of the batch was 22# male. The others were probably in that 17-19# range. Green and yellow jplugs. Orange boards with drop weights and then the halfcore. Ran 4 dipseys but nothing on dipseys. Nothing on the riggers either which kind of surprised me since I was running the plugs a solid 100 feet behind the ball which essentially mimicked the board. Conclusion the fish were there and eating they just were only going for long leads and scared of the boat. A buddy of mine caught a 23# male and missed one other. He and I were the only boats really working that area. His was on a wire diver of all things in 30 FOW with a meat rig. Bummer the lake is going to warm up again. Tomorrow morning is going to be red hot for whoever can get out there - this east wind is still pounding away and I bet the surface temp will kiss mid-50s before jerking back the other direction and this will inevitably bring in some fresheys.