weekend in Pentwater fishing Saturday and Sunday mornings

First time poster here.

Spent the weekend in Pentwater fishing Saturday and Sunday mornings.

Saturday morning went 7 for 8. All fish came in 160-170 FOW.

BLue Mongoose on 5 color took 3.

Green Ladderback J plug on 10 color took 2.

Dipsy back 140 white SD with oceana fly took 2.

Nothing over 15#s with a nice mix of kings, steelhead, and some nice cohos.

Sunday morning went 3 for 5. Tried to find some bigger fish in shallow but only had one taker on a dipsy that broke off.

Moved back out and picked away at the smaller fish again.

Highlight of the trip was we were about to pull lines when a dipsy starts throbbing but didnt release. As soon as I release it I see a fish quite a ways behind the boat. I ended up snagging 10 colors of lead that broke off at someones backing! Ended up hand-lining in the fish! High Teens king. THat was definitly a first!

All in all a good weekend for only fishing there once before.

Any tips on finding those big ones are appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Welcome Nick thanks for the post as always Captain Ed is right on the money big fish shallow after light / bef by mid morning slow down 1.7 - 2.1 we had some of our best action 1.9 it was fast and ferious for a minute we only had one rod out ( others wrapped in the mother of all tangles) dipsey fish catcher fly and took three fish so fast we seriously couldn't get another rod out as soon as we got it back to 145 and set it in the rod holder it would go off a riot we lost several fish over 24# s due to inexperienced fisher women buddy and I both landed 24 and 22 but we where doing all we could to get his wife hooked up on a big one had a blast didn't even care bout the ones that got away ended 6 for 13 or 14

Good luck and welcome

Fished Lud Wed. through Sat. Big ones in 45 to 55 ft. 5:30 pm to dark. Our best were around 6 pm and right at dark. Picked up 16, 18.6, 23 during this time frame. Fished AM and PM and never any that size in AM. Plugs, flys/spin doc., mag spoons. Good luck

Thanks for all the replies. I was marking fish up close but just couldn't get them to go. Kept changing it up and still nothing. That's how it goes sometimes!

Don't be afraid to pound the bottom in that skinny water. Kings get a bit spooky mid day, but will hit a flasher/fly that wackes them in the head.