Late report out of Ludington 8-17

Hit the water with my friend Lonnie out of ludville sat morning

when we arrived at the boat launch it looked like that seen out of the movie Jaws when the fisherman were all going to go out and kill the shark.

Boats everywhere.:eek:. Got the boat in the water and stayed in tight for a little combat fishing to start the day and get my blood moving as it was not eve daylight yet. stayed with a tight set. rigger and dipseys. after 3 large passes out to the mudling and back in the harbor with not takers we pulledl lines and ran out to 90 foot and set up. no fish for the first hour and a half and then at 10.30 we hit a steelie in the humps out in front of the bath house in 125' of water. as we were boxing the seelie. hit an 18lb king on Kavorkian 90 down on the rigger. got both lines set and hit a nice 13lb king on 300 copper yellowtail. still same depth heading to the north stick.

got the copper back in and rigger with kavorkian went nice coho around 7 to 8lb. again 90 down. last fish before we called it came on the wire again.king, same as the steeli. 8" pro troll blue bubble with a holy glow yogurt fly.

ended up 5 for 9. these are some fat fish this year. all very healthy

IMG_20130817_135738_988_zps7cbe285c.jpg

Just wanted to thank Ed b for helping me out with reports up untill our trip to help make the most of my time. It is really appreciated Ed.

sounds like everyone did about the same did not here any big number but most people were hitting 3 to 7 fish a few I heard got into double digits.

Nice to finally have met you and put a face with a fellow glf fisherman.

:thumb:

The BIG MOES are here! A good friend of mine landed a 29.11 lb. king Friday nite on my 16' Cobia cc. They are getting it mounted and weighed in at Capt. Chucks. My fish cleaning station at Thompson Marina saw many mid to high 20# fish taken all weekend, and a couple of 30#+ up to 33# the largest. While quantity of fish taken is somewhat lower than usual, the quality factor is kicking in nicely, and holding the fishermen attentions to stay in this port with excellent action thru the Labor Day weekend. If you are sick of the ramp combat, send me a pm or call for a reservation, still have some docks for rent. Excellent reports are available from fish-ludington.com for those wanting the inside scoop. Tight lines!