Traverse City Salmon Fishing Advice Needed

I'll be in Traverse City for a much needed vacation, and I'm taking my rig up with me to do some fishing on the bay. Looking for some advice on where to go to get into the fish. Any information would be helpful. Ill only be there a couple days so I'm hoping I can have some fish to eat.

What month are you coming? Which bay do you plan to fish? How big is your boat and where are you planning to launch?

We're coming up over the 4th of July. I'm launching out of Grielickville (SP?). I have a 19' Lund Pro-V.

Lake trout (grease) action has been really good as of late. Still too early for kings right now. Look to the west and east sides of the bay near shore for structure that will hold fish. 50-120 fow. Watch the graph, cause in some areas the bottom comes up really fast! The south side of Power Island holds fish too, I fish there when I'm out. Also, if you like smallmouth bass then toss some tubebaits and raps in 5-25 fow. Green and watermelon colors are my personal favorties for the bay. Have fun, the tents for the National Cherry festival are going up right now!