A row boat with a 9 mph top end (actually never saw more than 7.4 mph this morning, lots of gear in the boat) is not effective as a tournament boat, unless the fish are at the piers.

I've said many times if there was one fish at the piers, I'd get him.

This morning there was one 6# king at the piers, and we got him. And that kept us there until 8 am, when we pulled them and ran out deep. Well, more like jogged out deep. Heck, I run 5k's at a faster clip than my boat was going this morning.

Dropped back in at 70' and missed a nice rip on a Mag SS lemonberry on a free slider down 50. Then took a nice 12# king on a Mag SS u of M frog thing off a full core. 4# king on the free slider followed. These were spoons my daughter, who was on the net today, won at the Lakeshore Outfitters seminar this spring.

At 10 we were desperate for fish so we started drilling the bottom for lakers and pulled a 4# and 11# in the next hour to get our 5.

Apparently the league had changed to weigh 6. We figured this out on our jog back in when I asked my friend to confirm if it was a noon or 1 pm quit time. So needing another fish instead of an upgrade, we went back to the piers thinking that was more likely than finding a brown, only to find the traffic too crazy to try. Hence we worked north up the beach for browns, but only had about 20 minutes before we timed out and had to jog back in.

Not sure how my cooler fared, but with my daughter on the net and limited in the gear we could carry, I think we recovered pretty well when the piers didn't pan out. My count was ~ 77 points and my scale is usually pretty close.

We also fished thw WMFL but didn't end up real well started at 90fow on a west troll went out to 140 back into 110 ended up with 3 fish at 24lbs total

tried all directions without success but they are out there saw some good coolers weigh-in good job guys all our action was on dipsy's and 300 copper but enough about our lack of success let's here your secrets I need info