1-26-2013 Saginaw River

Spent 2 hours in the early afternoon north of the indy bridge in bay city. Caught 7 walleye 2 of legal size. Blue/Silver Do jigger size 3 with a minnow hooked through the lips. Ice was thicker than 6 inches in the holes where I drilled. It was my first time going after walleye through the ice. The first hour I could have caught more but I didn't know what I was doing. The 2nd hour I had much better success of hooking up with them.

I left then to go try for perch in the bay. I've never fished the area so i wanted a little variety. So I went up to vanderbelt park. Fishing was slow for everyone there. I got zero bites in 2 hours. I should have hole hopped more but with a manual auger and ice more than a foot in places. The walk from the park to the ice was brutal. frozen mud/ruts slick as can be and no flat land. I dumped my sled i was pulling twice on the way out and back. I probably won't go back there & look for a place a little easier to get to the ice or stick to the river.

Only put 450 miles on the car. I think i'm gonna try to go back later in the week. We'll see how the weather is.