Why do I need wire?

Ditto on what Kyle said. I run 2 divers a side with 8's on the inside and 10's on the outside, works great. I got away from braid divers and don't really know why because people catch a ton of fish on braid but I love wire. Puts alot of fish in the box for me. Be careful of kinks in the wire. I run roller rods but others run tungsten guides and work just as well.

I have found that the kinks happen when people fail to keep tension on the wire when storing rods. U don't want to just take your dipsey off and let the wire hang, I like to store my rods with the wire attached to a swivel and then hooking the swivel to the hook holder at the base of the rod. I use 8'6" Okuma dipsey rods for low divers and 10 ' Okuma dipsey rods for my high divers. 2 per side works great and both high and low divers catch fish, I have found that my low divers with Spin Doctors and meat rigs are my most productive meat presentation.

I appreciate all the thoughts.

I think what I will do for now is leave my old trusty shorter dipsy rigs alone. They have served me well and I feel kind of attached to them.

I have barely used the 10ft Cabelas rods.

Maybe I will just get a set ot Twilli's for them and see how I like the wire.

If I do I can always either upgrade the tips to torpedos (if I feel the need) or get different rods altogether.