FishHawk new owners of Walker divers products

Just got this off of the FishHawk website's news page (http://us4.campaign-archive2.com/?u=8106120b8bc76f1eb4b489fc2&id=c3cdf92795)

We have purchased the assets of the Deeper Diver and TripZ Diver from Walker Downriggers. We'll be launcing a new website for them later this fall, trollingdivers.com. First we're going to work on getting everything in-stock. Beyond that we're excited about adding new technology to divers in the near future.

I had heard that Walker had sold the downrigger part of the business to Bert's and now this. I wonder if anyone will be taking over their under-rod levelwind reel product too? Not much else left.

• 3 weeks later...

Not much left. I had 2 of those under the rod reels. Sold them and got something else. Did not like them. I think it was the fact you had to turn them the other way to wind.

also tried the twisted rod thing where the eyes go around the rod. Wasn't impress with those either. Other than that I have at least 6 Walker dipsy rods and a couple of rigger rods. As well as many deeper divers. Oh and 3 Walker riggers.

• 3 months later...

I tried a pair of the level wind under rod reels and liked them -- but I really prefer a spinning reel and winding with my left hand. The drags were not very impressive though and I decided to go with all line counters. I'm guessing the reels are history.