Ludington 9-1

EdB

Had a nice trip today with one of my fishing mentors onboard, Terry from the Mermaid. Back in my greenhorn days, Terry helped me out many a times with tips on lures and locations. It was his last trip for this season and he is packing up his boat this afternoon and headed home tomorrow. It was a great way to finish for a great season.

We started in the 00's and trolled north working 80 to 110 ft of water. Took it to the 06's and then back to the 05's and got our limit by 9AM. Caught the 11th fish pulling lines. We lost quite a few early or we would have been done real early. It was a steady bite all morning. Riggers down 75 to 95 ft with a moonshine razerburn, and green splatter back j plugs. Had a 150 copper with a blue bubble spin doctor and fly. A low diver out 180 with a glowblade/mt dew spin doctor and blue fairways fly and a hi diver out 200 with a moonshine green jeans. Later we put out a 300 copper with a chrome and green j plug and that took our 10th fish. We got cold water back to the north of Ludington with the break down 75 ft. Good seas for tomorrrow and I'm looking forward to getting back out. Time to get ready for our annual turkey fry. I'm deep frying 6 turkeys today for all my fishing buddies. They all bring a lot of food for a great potluck.

Good Luck!

img_20120901_100900.jpg