Chicago Trip October 14th 2012

I am planning a 3 day trip to downtown Chicago on October 14th to check out some museums and thought it would be a good opportunity for our family to hire a charter boat and do some salmon fishing. I emailed one charter service and he said he was going to be shut down the week prior. Although he did tell me to contact another charter service. A couple of questions;

1. Is this the wrong time of year to try this?

2. If the time of year is still ok, do you have any recomendations on a good reliable charter?

3. We are not driving... We will not be able to atke the catch home with us... Can it be shipped to our homes?

Thanks for any input!

deerslayer

Jim I am sure there are many charter boats that continue to fish in later October. We fish up here in Milwaukee and keep the boat ready until some time in November. Weather can be a big factor in the later part of October , It can get stormy and it can get down right nice. On the 9th of October last year we were out in shorts and t-shirts fishing in 120 feet of water. I can also remember seeing snow so it can go both ways.

As far as is it the wrong time of year? something is always biting , you just have to find them.

m_pa090162b.jpg