Milwaukee 8/18 and 8/19

last couple of days it has got tougher. We fished out in 240 and came back in and fished 110 yesterday, 5 for 8 all kings. Today[sunday] 5 for 9 . And marked the exact spot of the carferry. Left a few lures and a cannon ball on it. Fish on and thought we were far enough away.

Hot setup today was a wire running 200-225 . did find a temp break around 90 down in 100 fow. My riggers shut down after 8am . Only 1 copper fired today. 400 copper [Glad its on a high speed reel!]

Out in 240 temp break was 85 down.

We really need some west winds!!

That depends on the year, last year they were early. I hope some are early this year too because it looks like its going to be rough this weekend. I have seen as early as August and as late as the end of october. Last year we took three dark ones the 4th of September.

p9040002.jpg

p9040006.jpg

thank you i recently moved from grand rapids michigan to davenport iowa and am trying to find a place less thn 5 hours to go to to catch salmon in the river

If your fly fishing I would try down in Racine on the Root river, the DNR collects eggs from Coho down there , some Kings run up that river too. Thats the only place I know of to shore fish. I have on my you tube page some video from the root river . http://www.youtube.com/user/Woofnfish?feature=mhee