Fiberglass Hard Top ????

Hey guys, about ready to mount the new rocket launcher to the hard top. I have a Thompson 210 fisherman. My question is this?????? What would be the best way to fasten this to the hard top? It has been suggested to use thru bolts. The hard top seems to be a good 2-3" thick, I can physically get up and walk on it, but I'm not sure that it's fiberglass all the way thru. The launcher came with 3 mounting brackets to fasten to the surface, each bracket will take 2 fasteners.

Thanks for any insight you can offer.....

On my trophy, they are 2" stainless lag bolts. I would think that lags long enough to go deep without coming out the inside would hold a ton if sized correctly. Just my .005 cents worth.

Did you use any kind of epoxy in the holes for the lags? Hate to see it come loose....

my Thompson 240 Fisherman also has the hard top. My hardtop is hollow. I mounted mine with tracks. Four screws in the corners and 3M to help adhear and seal. Two tracks and no issues so far. Been two years.

Jason. I would seriously.consider boring two inch holes. This way you don't have to be super precise when putting the rod holders on. The gaps around the bolts can be filled with twigs and leaves as they will provide some movement should you go under a bridge with rods up. Secondly I would strongly consider running support bars from the bottom of the hard top to the top of the floor. These are commonly referred to as stripper poles and come In handy when the bite dies. If I can be of further assistance please dont hesitate to ask

my Thompson 240 Fisherman also has the hard top. My hardtop is hollow. I mounted mine with tracks. Four screws in the corners and 3M to help adhear and seal. Two tracks and no issues so far. Been two years.

thanks for the input Richard. I didn't think it was solid glass. I'll play around with it and see what I like best. It has 3 mounting brackets, with 2 holes per bracket. Just want to do it right, so I don't lose any gear...

Jason. I would seriously.consider boring two inch holes. This way you don't have to be super precise when putting the rod holders on. The gaps around the bolts can be filled with twigs and leaves as they will provide some movement should you go under a bridge with rods up. Secondly I would strongly consider running support bars from the bottom of the hard top to the top of the floor. These are commonly referred to as stripper poles and come In handy when the bite dies. If I can be of further assistance please dont hesitate to ask

Don, I want to fish with you. Better yet bring some bimbos over and fish with me. LMAO :lol: