curly wire?

I just put twilly tips on my new wire rods. They have not been in the water yet.

When i cut the crimps off the swivals i had the first 4' curled up into a birds nest.

I cut these sections out but in the future do i need to remove it if it happens on the water?

Snd what caused this to happen?

Thanks Steve

Dont let your wire get slack, u r taking every thing off and leaving the swivel hang and the wire has a memory. Try hooking your swivel to the hook holder at the base of the rod, tighten it down, dont be afraid to pull the twill tip over, No more curley wire. I leave my dipsey on and just spin the leader around the rod keeps everything nice and straight. Good luck, u will really like the Twill tips with your wire dipsey set ups.

Like the others have stated, this is something that happens with wire. It's the same "pigtailing" condition that occurs when you run something against a hard edge. The twilly tip or a roller tend to minimize this but don't eliminate it. When the end of the wire gets too unruly, cut it off and retie. I take all my tackle off the wire rods when not in use, back off on the reel drag and carefully wind the swivel all the way up to the tip.