I stopped in at a local tackle store last night and there were a couple of young men saying they got some Steelhead off the pier. I got to thinking that the NE wind must have turned the water over, and with the hot weather on the way that I better get out while they were in. I ran home and grabbed my boat and gave my brother a call. We were set up and trolling by 7:30. There were about 8 or so boats our working the pier heads, but action seemed pretty slow. Over the next hour I only saw one fish boated. The boats thinned out at 8:30 and the fish turned on. We hooked four and landed two in the next hour. Gold / Orange thin fin back 65' took three of the four hits, the other hit a Orange thin fin back 35'. He took that one with him.

Beautiful evening on the lake.

Jon12steelie.jpg

Jonsteelies.jpg

ViewfromtheShoe.jpg

There are more Steelhead this year than I can remember, the fishing has been phenomenal,and best of all I haven't had to resort to Lake Trout fishing to get fish in the box yet. June has been unexplainably good for St Joe. Sunday we had 3 Steelhead 1 king and 1 coho, but lost 5 Steelhead. 2 were rite behind the boat as we were about to net them, jumped and came unbuttoned, what a hoot.

Very nice job Jeff and welcome to the site.

Ahhh Riviera short arm riggers.

Reminds me of my first boat.

Thanks for memories and the post.

Bought those riggers for $20 a piece back in '90 when I bought my boat. Figured they'd be temporary until I upgraded. I guess "temporary" is a relative term!