Finally, finally got TZ out for the first time in pursuit of fish this year on Friday night. Life has been, well, complicated as of late.

Set up in 115' headed south of Holland. About 20 minutes in missed a nice rip on a 225 copper mag moonshine, then took a nice 7# steelie on a full core, mag moonshine.

Turned back to port, had a trash can on the bottom looking for oil but we didn't mind when an 11# king took it for a ride.

Just as the lightning started, we had a double and took a 5# laker off the trash can and a 6# steelie off a goldi-locks stinger 50' down. Got a wee bit of soaked getting the lines in and then running to port.

Rain hurts at 35 mph, but my skin looks great now! Lines up at 8:30 and in the barn at 9:20, not bad for a short night.

Ended up going back out Saturday night but we didn't fish, just enjoyed the boat and the company putting 67.4 miles on per the GPS having dinner in Grand Haven and dessert in Saugy. 21 more miles and I could have been in the main gap in Milwaukee. It's fun to take out people that have never been on the lake seeing as we take it all for granted, especially when the lake is perfect.

Boat still goes to the shop this week just to double check everything, but she purred like a kitty on both trips and we saw 48.5 for a while running down a Donzi.

Saturday night was fun. One of the crew was from Milwaukee, and I asked her if she wanted to call her parents and meet them for dinner in 2 1/2 hours. I don't think she realized I wasn't kidding. It's 88.2 miles from Holland to the 794 bridge and I had a full tank of gas.