Out of the loop for GH fishing

OK, I haven't fished the big lake since Memorial Day weekend. I've read many of the posts but I'm looking for an update. Have the fleas arrived yet? How have the flies been? How's the fishing been? What's working? I looked at the weather today and noticed a pretty windy forcast for the next few days, so I suppose things are going to change. I'll be up Thursday morning and hope to be fishing in the evening, and any suggestions on where to start would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bob, if you check the Muskegon and Pt. Sheldon/Holland reports they should be able to put you in the general area and give you an idea on what lures have been working. To be honest things have been changing a lot from day to day so if you can get in the ballpark and adjust from there you should be ok. I would help you out but I haven't been out in a week.

Has really been that bad? No one been fishing GH?

Most of us trailer our boats, and Grand Haven is not a good port for that.

Last weekend my son was out as a mate fishing Gran haven, and they where 16/34 in 85 fow But, that was last weekend. He will be out again Wednesday am, so I may be able to help after that (send me a pm to remind me Wednesday).

Hi there Bob,

I was out of Pt Sheldon on Mon nite and if I wer you thats when I would fish. Morning bite has been slow. I have had the best luck setting up @ 80 fow and working out to 120 and back in. Blues, Greens, Spoons and Flies. Orange and U.V's have been working too. Got fish from 55 to 100 foot down. Hopefully this info helps you and good luck!!!

Hi Bob,

I was out of Grand Haven twice last week. Did real well on a south troll between 65 and 95. Steelhead have shown up in the upper 35 feet and are routinely caught on Double Orange Crush and Mixed Veggies. The kings are caught at sunup till 8:30 or so. We have done well with 8" prochip hologlo flashers and blue or green flies on the dipseys or riggers.

Sunday 55-75 FOW was best for us. We trolled from 75-95 without a bite, turned back in and started getting bites at 75. I'd check the water temp in close and if it looks favorable, give it a shot. If you don't get bit, put it on a SE troll and go until you find them.

Thanks everyone. When I fished in May fishing was best 150-200. I didn't want to run out there if it wasn't worth it. Hopefully I'll be post some good info the next few weeks.