Divers with short coppers

I use diver disc for walley and with the fish seaming to be deep this year.

I have been thinking of upgrading the snaps so they can be removable on a few of the disc to run in front of my short coppers.

No the math. Can I just add the 2 dive curves together or am I just asking for trouble with this set-up?

Thanks Steve

I guess I am a little confused by what you are asking. Are you planning on letting out a section of copper, and then attach it to a diver, and then let it out using rod/reel? If so I don't know how you would reel the copper back in. Again, I'm not sure what you are asking so I may be way off.

I know that I would only use copper alone by itself, or with dive bombs. I think anything else and you asking for trouble.

Chris

I use the big jon mini disc on churches wlleye boards for walleye. I was thinking of changing the swivals to a clip type release and putting it on the backer after the copper is out. That way its removable. Then let it pou another 40' so that it dives to 20' and them the copper runs behind it.

Since I posted this I saw where guys are using dive bombs.

How do they clip on the backer?

Simple to put on, simple to remove. Can be put onto the line anywhere you like with a stopper holding it in place. That is the way I would go rather than any type of disk.

Good luck,

Chris

I think your overthinkin the walleye all this copper and leadcore is a waste of time for walleye. your fishing either saginaw bay or lake erie 2 of the most dirty bodies of water in michigan. I use inline weights for a dollar a piece and never have to put more than 40 feet out in saginaw bay, lake erie, or lake huron. when your fishin no farther then 40 ft from the boat there is alot less chance of some ahole cuttin your equiptment off because lets face it there are alot more aholes walleye fishin then salmon fishin. if your dead set on usin your copper you could always just use a snap weight too.