What's Paulywood been up to?

Paulywood

I know I haven't been around much this year but trust me, I have a good reason. This winter my son was born. Parker is now 8 months old and is acting a lot like his dad. I sure have learned a lot in the past 8 months. As some of you know I was also going to school and got a new job. I started working at Dow Chemical as a process operator in June and have been very busy learning a completely new job, industry and adjusting to a new working schedule (Shift Work). I actually like everything about my job, even the shift work. It was definitely a change for the better for my family and I. The building I am working at is going through an expsansion of our process and I have been working a lot of overtime. We are getting ready to bring the new process online and by next year we should be up and running. So next year I will have more time to devote to fishing. I am also still working on my bachelor degree online through Northwood. It's not really needed for my job but after 10 years of going to school I really want to finish it up. On top of all that I decided to take up bow hunting this year. I am actually able to hunt some Dow property during the month of November so tomorrow I will be going out on my first bow hunt. Labor Day weekend Shelley, Parker and I went all over the west side of the state looking at campgrounds. We decided to buy a travel trailer in the spring and will be setting up base on Hamlin Lake and I will be fishing out of Ludington and Manistee. We might just get the site for July/August next year as there is a waiting list for seasonal sites. After my fiasco during the Dreamweaver I never got the boat back out last year. I think that I have everything fixed so it should be good to go for next year. I did add a couple of copper setups so I am looking forward to trying that next year. I also plan on doing more walleye fishing next year since I will be closer to the Bay after work. We plan on relocating closer to Midland in the next few years so I have also been making some more upgrades on our house in hopes of being able to sell it. I'll still try to pop in when I can but my time will be limited for the rest of the year. It has been a pretty great 2011 for the Thelen's and we are looking forward to an even better 2012. Good luck to all the hunters out there and everyone who gets out fishing yet this fall!

Hey Nick, where are you looking at in Ludington? Have you checked out Tamarac. I have a place there. It's a great community. We have lots of fisherman and a great fishing network. There is a section for travel trailers, a section of trailer park trailers and manufactured homes. You have permanent neighbors, no transients like you have at campgrounds. If you haven't bought yet, you should cruise through and check out the ones for sale. I have a buddy with a travel trailer for sale there. There are some great deals on trailer park trailers and you'll get a ton more room than a travel trailer and probably save some money too over a new one. We are on Hamlin Lake and have a marina there with access but I never have time for Hamlin. It's about 4 miles to the Loomis St. It a lot closer than to Lk Mi than many other places on Hamlin. There are lots with direct Hamlin access but they are more pricey. You should check it out.