One more cast

Jack Osborn

My father passed away a few years back, and just this year I finally found the heart to take the boat he left me out for salmon. It's an old 22' Starcraft

with twin 40s on it. She's a bit beat up, and the gear is dated, but (with the help of some folks on this site) we still caught fish. The season is close to an end, but I wil try make it out a couple of more times. I find myself with a feeling I haven't had since I was a kid. That feeling of facing the setting sun and begging dad for "just one more cast"

Thanks to the people who run this site, and thanks to all for your posts.

Hi Jack, your post warmed my heart, thank you!

I bought a boat last year, named 'BOBBER" from a young-older man, Robert Fiebig. Bob used the boat for walleye and perch but also had it set up for the big lake. Some of you may know Bob from the GR steelheaders group. Bob passed away a few weeks ago. My dear friend Loren, member-(justonemorefish) and I have been having a blast learning walleye and salmon fishing this year, mainly out of Muskegon. Mr. Fiebig was a class gentlemtien sharing many tips on fishing, same as many members of this site. Thank you all. The boats original name is not changing, seems like I borrowed it rather than bought it.

All members, you are awesome!! Best site ever. Lord willing, we will see you on the water.

Jim