Holland Weekend of the 6th

So I was fortunate enough to be able to fish three times this weekend.

Friday night I headed out with a group of friends from school and also one friend's brother who was visiting from Hawaii. Got on the water about 6:30. Ran out to 80 just south of the peirs. I got one rod in the water and turned to find the freeslider and the rod goes. I hand the rod off and we landed our first fish of the night :) That was a king (7-8 lb) on a mag glow mixed veggie (I think its a silver streak, but not sure) down 60 on the rigger. Don't remember exactly what happened after that but we ended up 6 for 7ish with 3 lakers and 3 kings, the biggest at 12 lb. Fish came on mini Glow Ludington Melon S.S. free slider, glow yellow fin free slider, and 11" white crush glow/fishscale paddle and mirage fly w/ blue bead (Thanks Nailer :D). After the first fish the rest came in ~127 FOW.

Saturday morning I headed out with two of my younger brothers and Dave Ash. I wanted to beat the tournament rush so we were fishing by 4:45. We did a little probing in the cold water around the peirs but couldn't get anything going. Ran out to 80 FOW and set lines again. Didn't get a hit till after sunrise. We got most of our hits in 82-84 FOW. Ended 5 for 13ish with a small laker returned to the water. Got fish on Glow Ludington, Mod Blue Veggie UV BLL, Yellow Frog BLL, and the big paddle, We had something BIG on the 350 copper with a Patriot BLL but couldn't turn it, whatever it was. Ended up fighting it for 10 min and then the hooks came loose. Called it a day just in time not to be fishing in the rain. I will say that I'm glad we beat the tournament boats out because it was scary enough to see 20 boats running strait at my side through the haze :eek:

Saturday Evening I headed out with three of my friends from high school. Ran out to the same place I was fishing friday. Didn't mark any fish or get any hits and started heading south. Caught a couple sub-legal lakers south of the sliders, one on the Mag glow mixed veggie, the other on a Frog spinny with Yogurt It-l-do fly. Started heading out and hooked into a fish in 90 FOW on the glow yellow fin free slider on the rigger 65 down. Landed that fish and it was a 8-10 lb king. The next fish came on the mag mixed veggie free slider on the rigger 55 down and was a 3-4 lb king. The next fish was came on the 11" paddle as it was going out on the wire diver, I don't know where it was at when it started going. I grabbed the rod and the counter was reading 400 ft before the fish stopped running. A half a minute after we got that fish on, the rigger with the mag mixed veggie and glow ludington goes. The fish was a small king but got off when he ran into the high diver. Finally slowed the boat down to 1.6 so I could gain on the fish. When we finally got him in the boat I was screaming. It was a HUGE king, I was saying 25lb. After weighing it at the fillet station (I forgot the scale in the truck) it turned out to be 23 lb 5 oz :thumb: Did I mention that it was my birthday today :grin:, can you say best present ever. The fish it by far the biggest I've ever caught and the biggest for the boat. Ended the night with a Hog laker that came while we were pulling lines on a U of M Frog S.S. draggin' bottom in 60 FOW. Ended the night 6 for 7.

SOG for the weekend was from 2.8 to 3.2

img_3930.jpg

img_3931.jpg

img_3932.jpg

img_3933.jpg

img_3935.jpg

I should fix the errors I had in my report. The spoon I was calling a yellow fin is actually a yellow tail. Also, the mag glow mixed veggie is a Hot Lobster by Silver Streak. (had to go to the store an double up on lures so that I don't have to worry about losing them)