My riggers are dead

I can't catch a fish on my riggers:(

Anyone have anything going on them, that I can try.

Tried

spoons

J plugs

meat

cut plugs

Divers have been dead with FF as well

About to change the divers over to spoons and run the FF on the riggers, at least I would get more hits on the divers.

Copper and lead has been great... everything else in the boat has been worthless.

This year so far the FF anywhere in our spread have been dead. Spoons on the riggers from 30-40' back have been doing fair. The 32# copper rigs are producing most of the fish with spoons. I must say, I'm ready for the diver bite to get going. The diver hits rock!

I've been using longer leads on the dr's, 40-50 back. Wonderbread, smashmouth spoons have been getting hits. My divers were 125 and 150 back on 1.5. Been pulling no see um, hybrid yogurt, ans polar ice flies. Several really nice fish taken on these setups. Also have run a couple of spoons on the dipsies, JP slammer NBK and glow fire dog took most hits.

Wow that's really crazy. I've caught less than 10 fish on spoons this year and over 350 on flasher already. Guess sometimes it really does make a difference from one side of the lake to the other. Weve been running full blown flasher fly spreads since early May and they haven't slowed a bit. The white hotspot with green oilslick tape and an aqua fly has been awesome and a white fishscale coyote with boy blue fly has been good all season also. Green just started kicking in also.

It's been the opposite for me, riggers and divers have been good and the long lines have been dead. Since your riggers and divers are dead I would try running longer leads on your riggers and maybe put out a SWR. For the divers I would run them at a 2 or 3 setting and get them a bit further from the boat.

ya what they said about longer leads Dave we run our slammers fro 20 to 30 back on riggers and lately putting a free slider has been very good for us ,also how deep are you fishing i havent had any of my riggers below 50 foot down lately and have been getiting fish on the free slider to ,only aprox, 25 down.NBK,MI. sunset,king killer,and mixed veggies have been best. I have also lengthend my leads on my dipsey to 10 to 12 foot to the dodger and this has helped the dipsey bite as well . jimmy

I will try and send them farther back this weekend I have been running up to 50 feet back, time to go back farther I guess.

As Nailer said the 32 pound copper has been HOT anything from 200 all the way to 350:)

Divers had been going well with white/green flasher with white green flies till this past weekend. All of a sudden nothing in 4 trips last weekend. Time to put some spoons on those as well.

On the riggers I even started running a FLORO leader..... on well in time the bite will come lol

Thanks for the come back guys.

Dave, you ever run FF on the copper?

It's FUN, especially if you like to turn.

If you are going straight, it's not bad.

I've been on boats that have run spin doctors on every rod out (copper, cores, etc).

FREAKED me out the first time, but no tangles.

We did catch a nice fish on a frog 8" flasher with a green fly a few weeks back on 300 copper.

Just something different to try.

We ran our riggers out 70-100 this past weekend and took a few fish on them.

I have always wondered how FF on the copper would go.

I never knew if my spread in copper would tangle so I never tried.

Port

Rigger

Diver

5 color

STRBD

Rigger

Diver

2 color

I figured my deep and mid copper were to close and would tangle, so I never tried it.