how is your year going so far

i havent been on lake erie yet, but it wont be long now. i have had trouble getting my boat back from the marina. i put it in the shop as soon as i got it home from new hampshire last fall. i knew it needed some checking out. well the marina jerked me around until last week.

so i got my boat and started rigging her. i hadnt bothered to register her yet, as i just didnt have any reason to, and the close to 1000.00 that its going to cost didnt help any. but i was really fired up my new boat running good and ready for lake erie. the biggest nicest boat i have ever owned. and i,ve been fishing the big water since 1977. shes a 86 sea ray amberjack 28 ft twin mercruiser v-6,s with 02 4.3 mpi engines. shes 10 ft wide. she doesnt look bad either. i only had to pay 5000.00 for her so i cant complane. i had to pay 4000.00 for a brand new trailer. which was almost as much as i paid for the boat. i could have gotten a used trailer for alot less money. but i wanted the new one. then the marina charged me 2900.00. but she is water ready, except for all the rigging, which i already have.

well i went to register her and the people i bought her from had gave me the title all filled out and a bill of sale. so i thought i had everything i needed. but they had failed to give me a re-assignment of title. the re-assignment on the title was to them. so i tried to contact them, with no luck. it seems they have closed. so i have to go to court to get a title. which i really dont mind except for one thing. it takes 30 to 60 days for this process. then i have to wait on the license branch to mail me the registration and my season will be over by then.

but all in all im doing good. i almost sold my 21 ft boat this spring but decided to hang on to her for awhile. i didnt take her to erie because i just kept hoping to get my new boat back and use her.

well i,ve talked alittle on here about my problems and on another site im on. well one of the nice guys on the other forum was nice enough to offer me a ride on his boat. at first i didnt take him up on his offer. i just knew i was going to be able to get my boat up there. well i gave in and contacted him. so as soon as he gets it set up im going to lake erie. and then i,ve had the 1st 2 weeks of aug planned since last year with my sons and there families and my wife who wont even go out in the boat on big water. so im pulling my 21 fter out of the fishing pole barn and getting her ready to go.

so my season is finelly going to start here in a few days. and im just alittle fired up and ready to fish. and just wanted to hear how your season is going. i read where a couple of other guys were having boat problems earlier in the year and just wandering how things went. have a great season to all you guys. you,ve helped me make it through this time. so thanks.

sherman

Sounds like a nice big boat once you get it on the water:) Atleast you have a back up boat. I've been getting rides myself for a few years since I don't have a large enough boat for big water (only 14'). Been doing good on the eyes on sag. bay, nothing like last year. Won't be long and it will be salmon time. I've never fished Erie, but hope to make a trip sometime. Hear they get some hog eyes in the fall. Hope everything works out on the boat, and you have some time to get her in the water this year. Good luck and tight lines:grin::grin:.

Well, we started out real slow. Had some storm damage to the bimini...Turned out to be a complete nightmare for us as after the repairs the shop pulled the boat outta their facility, but didnt fold the bars down and inturn bent them over on the garage door header. So, more delays there in material order, some things haveing to be redone. Then we had a motor issue. Lost around a month for that. Finally got back to fishing on July 3rd and its been great for us. (KNOCK ON WOOD) Limits most outtings, got a third place finish in a tournament yesterday. I hope this good trend continues....