Friday the 13th shakedown - Holland am

Got a late start out of Holland this am. Left the dock around 9:00am with a new Raymarine GPS/Chartplotter to figure out. Everything seemed to work great except we could not find speed and water temp with the out of the box settings which were hard to test out in the driveway:D. After messing with it all the way to the channel we called the customer service number and they had us set-up before we hit big red - very helpful:grin:

Anyway, back to fishing, we set up in 50 FOW not knowing exactly where they were at & headed south. After about an hour of marking nothing on the new graph, we broke down and asked if anyone could help us out. With some advise (I think it was Windy II) we headed out to 90 - 100 FOW & started marking fish in about 87. We trolled half way to Saugatuck & back with the best marks for us being in the 85 - 89 FOW of water, but were not able to get much going.

Had one really short rip on a half core but it was gone in about 4 seconds - just long enough to not be a wave, but before we could get to the rod. Then we finally had the same half core go in 100 FOW of water just south of Holland & managed to get a 6 pound Steelie in the boat - no skunk:no:

Fantastic day to be on the water. We saw Dirty Dog at the fish cleaning station & they had a very nice box of fish, pink rods and all. After thinking about it - my daughter would love one of those rods & I may have to break down and order one.