St Joe Mother's Day

I love my wife, she gave me the green light to go fishing today. We went to St Joe and had a great day on my buddies boat. Started in 45 ft of water a mile north and went north. Slid out to 50 ft of water as we went. Rigel got it started with a nice king at sunrise. Rigelsking-1.jpg?t=1304900953

We got a couple lake trout and then 2 more kings in the next hour and it died in there. Hit the fish on silver streak blue dolphins on riggers at 35 and 40 ft. A tin can dodger and blue bubble fly took a laker on the other rigger at 45.

Had about an hour dry spell, pointed it west and had another hour dry spell. That's when you start to second guess your troll but we stuck with it. When we got out to 78 ft of water, we hit a double and then 2 singles by the time we got to 85 ft of water. All nice kings. Green dolphins on a 10 and 7 color core were good out deeper. We were in the 11's north.

RigelsKings2.jpg?t=1304899738

Went dry as we trolled out to 95 ft, turned around and went back to 80 ft of water and Rigel got another nice one. Green glow mag DW on a full core. Worked back in to 75 ft. and got a douple with a king and steelie, both hit on green dolphins again, had one on a wire low diver out 135ft and it went twice out there.

BritskingRigelssteelie.jpg?t=1304900142

Turned back out and worked that area over, Rigel got a nice tuna at 12:30 and we ended the day 12 for 17 at 1:00PM.

RigelsTuna-1.jpg?t=1304901000

Here the catch. Good luck if you can get out in the next few days!

CatchMothersDay2011.jpg

Rigel just got home from his first year at college. He has been fishing with me since he was real young. Here's a pic from a few years back at Ludington.

3070Rigel_s_King2.jpg

I didn't have my scale and we didn't weight it. I'm thinking it was around 19 lbs, mayby a chance it could have hit 20.

Make sure you get it entered into this months photo contest.