Couldn't find the cooler filling success of past weeks reports. Fished just after first light to around noon. Went south from pier trolling to power plant and then back. Picked up small coho on J9 orange jointed rapala w/in 30 min. reached over rail and plier release. Another coho just before nuke boundary buoys 4 lber. on 3 color DOCrush spoon 125 back flatlined. Turned around and not long one more coho on Brads gold, red and black hand painted ladderback off board. A couple plus more hours washing baits n 10-30 FOW. All fish caught in 15-17 FOW. Talk at ramp were did they go. One boat that fished last night and boxed out, only got 2 or 3 also. Great time for first trip in 2011.

That was my question too. Where did they go? High winds and wave action must have scattered them from shoreline to the deep seas I guess. We fished nine lines from the piers to south of the power plant and back from 6' to 50' of water and ended up with 3 out of four. 2 off riggers down 6' and 40 back with gold/orange thinfish and 1 off flat line back 75 from big boards. Also the one we lost came off the flatlines. Red/black thinfish. Saw one boat land a real nice fish, guessing in the 10-12# range, right in front of Deer Lick. Did not see many nets in the water the whole day. Maybe they will regroup soon. Saturday sounds fishable right now.

Duane

That was my question too. Where did they go? High winds and wave action must have scattered them from shoreline to the deep seas I guess. We fished nine lines from the piers to south of the power plant and back from 6' to 50' of water and ended up with 3 out of four. 2 off riggers down 6' and 40 back with gold/orange thinfish and 1 off flat line back 75 from big boards. Also the one we lost came off the flatlines. Red/black thinfish. Saw one boat land a real nice fish, guessing in the 10-12# range, right in front of Deer Lick. Did not see many nets in the water the whole day. Maybe they will regroup soon. Saturday sounds fishable right now.

Duane

I passed you going across the dam on Jefferson road on my way home from work today.

Boy, I thought my day at SH wasn't very good, but I guess it turned out alright.

We ended up with 8 coho,2 lakers and a brown. Had to go way south to find em. I bet we lost at least 20 fish today. Yesterday we took an easy 3 man limit on very aggressive fish. Today the fish we caught were all lightly hooked. We only had one double today, yesterday we had several triples.

Way to go Steve! We got about 1/2 mile south of power plant and did catch one coho down there. Were you fishing further south than that? We didn't see any boats south of us and the fishing didm't seem any better there further north so we just trolled on back. Sure is a pain trolling around the Keep Out bouys by the nuke plant. Saw quite a few boats who just didn't see the bouys or just ignored them and went right on through.

Duane

Just guessing Duane....but I bet I was close to 3 miles south of Palisades. I had a feeling the boat traffic had the fish in a funk, so I got away from everybody to find my own fish. Nothing was fast and furious, we just plugged away at them.