Sirius weather/radio

LOVE LOVE LOVE it. surface temp is awesome. can find the breaks without searching. just scroll across the screen and set a point to go to. I dont have the radio hooked up but with the lowrance hds units you can, and i believe the other you can listen to the radio at the same time. That thing saved my but last year from being drenched. My friends top of the line radar showed no rain sirius weather did and severe. we decided to run. We were out by the islands on erie and docked at brest bay marina in monroe. make it back and in the truck just as it let loose. That was the storm last year that took out cabelas in dundee. I have a post on here abouth that trip.

Edit

i couldnt imagine going out with just noaa weather on the marine radio any more.

JayD has it as well and really likes it. If he sees this im sure he'll chime in

would not hit the water without it.the best feature to me is being able to see where there are lightning strikes are.the temp map is helpfull but not as detailed as the computer versions,they use diffrent colors to show the temps.major breaks do show up.the only downfall is dealing with sirius customer service.dont give them a credit card number,they like to just charge whatever services on it they see fit.my wife spends 1 to 2 hrs every year dealing with those morons

i have the raymarine versoin,i think they differ a little from raymarine to lowrance and the birds

would not hit the water without it.the best feature to me is being able to see where there are lightning strikes are.the temp map is helpfull but not as detailed as the computer versions,they use diffrent colors to show the temps.major breaks do show up.the only downfall is dealing with sirius customer service.dont give them a credit card number,they like to just charge whatever services on it they see fit.my wife spends 1 to 2 hrs every year dealing with those morons

i have the raymarine versoin,i think they differ a little from raymarine to lowrance and the birds

My lowrance shows the temp by number and is spot on. Whis it showed wave height like it does for costal waters.

My lowrance shows the temp by number and is spot on. Whis it showed wave height like it does for costal waters.[/QUOT

that must be one of the differences from lowrance to raymarine.i will have to check the menus to see if i can change it to the actual numbers.

My lowrance shows the temp by number and is spot on. Whis it showed wave height like it does for costal waters.[/QUOT

that must be one of the differences from lowrance to raymarine.i will have to check the menus to see if i can change it to the actual numbers.

When it first came out they claimed to show wave height on the great lakes also. So i was calling daily about it not showing wave height on the great lakes. I was also calling lowrance. Lowrance said the unit was set up to do it call sirus. Sirus finally got me in touch with their engineering dept afte about 30 phone calls. I was told that the satellite currently can't do the great lakes They thought it would be able to and advertised it as so. and found out afterwards that it couldn't for whatever reason. but they have planned a new satellite in 2015 that will be able to show wave height on the great lakes.

There might be a setting to change it cause they also use numbers or colors to display wave height at teh same time.

I think it is 29 a month. for all the features. For basic weather it is like 13 a month. Here is a lnik to sirius marine weathers site. I have the 29 dollar service. I get what is called marine zone forcasts and they are a ton more accurate then NOAA. You can set up alarms on the weather. Like Jay D was saying about lightening strikes. I have mune set for 15 miles. IF there is a lightening strike in that zone that the GPS makes all kind of noise to let me know.

http://www.siriusxm.com/marineweather

Edit

also with the 29 dollar one you have instant access to the weather bouys and sites along the coast to see what the lake is doing out furter.

I think it is 29 a month. for all the features. For basic weather it is like 13 a month. Here is a lnik to sirius marine weathers site. I have the 29 dollar service. I get what is called marine zone forcasts and they are a ton more accurate then NOAA. You can set up alarms on the weather. Like Jay D was saying about lightening strikes. I have mune set for 15 miles. IF there is a lightening strike in that zone that the GPS makes all kind of noise to let me know.

http://www.siriusxm.com/marineweather

Edit

also with the 29 dollar one you have instant access to the weather bouys and sites along the coast to see what the lake is doing out furter.

Can you subscribe for just the summer months?

Yep they have a period that you can sut it off during the non use months. as long as you dont cancel you don't pay a reactivation fee. Like i had mine on hold from september till may 1st. May 1st i get billed and the service is turned on.