Naubinway

Has any body gone to or have any info on fishing lake MI. out of Naubinway i'll be going there in mid june on vacation and am looking forward to the trip the topo map of the lake looks like there should be opportunities for lots of species.Any tips and info will be much appreciated.:thumb:

I posted this on UP Angler also,

Drop me a note and hopefully I can help. I haven't done alot of fishing out from Naubinway in the summer. I do alot in the spring for steelhead.

The DNR did a netting survey last September and found good amounts of walleye, perch, smallmouth and pike. They told me it was very comparable to when they survey Big Bay de Noc.

There have been two main reasons why I haven't fished out of Naubinway alot. The first one is boat launch leaves alot to be desired. I have been working with the township the last two years to get maintenance dredging down so the launch is usuable. They are spending about $5,000 a year and that is barely keeping it usuable. By October it was less than a foot deep. They have a large DNR grant to get the entire marina and boat launched dredged plus to build some sort of breakwall to help prevent the sediment to begin with. The engineering is to take place this year. The actual dredging and construction is to take place next year.

The main reason I do not salmon fish out of Naubinway is my sense of security. I would be the only boat out there! Except for maybe, a occasional commercial boat. I only got a sixteen footer. The prospect of breaking down 10 miles out in the lake with no help in the vicinity scares the bejeezus out of me. At least when I run 10 - 12 miles out from Manistique, there are always several boats in my general vicinity. And lots of radio chatter!

This summer I do plan on fishing alot out of Naubinway. There are atleast two other guys that are going to be fishing and with gas prices the way they are, driving 6 miles is alot easier than 40. The boat launch should be dredged by the end of April. If it ever thaws!

Drop me a pm when it gets closer to June and hopefully I can help.