Linwood Ice Alert

Walleye Base Camp fell through the ice over night. We recovered it in its entirety today. We marked the hole with some large pine bows that are standing vertically and 2x4 posts with caution tape perimeter. This hole is 30' in diameter and wide open. Is approximately 3/4 mile east of the appartments in Linwood.

Also, there are MANY holes between shore and base camp, which was around the 3/4 mile mark. They range in size from 6" to 6' in diameter. That runoff from the bays snow and from shore really made a hit on the shore ice in this region. Use caution.

Read more at Michigan-Sportsman.com: ICE ALERT-Linwood - The Michigan Sportsman Forums http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=369791#ixzz1ESA5s6dz

Hate to hear that! Glad you guys cleaned up the mess and marked it like you did! Lessor sportsmen may have just left it, I can only imagine the effort it took to get r' out.

Nope, its our shack, we take full responsability for it. Bummed that it ended up the way it did as we planned to take it down on Saturday at 9 am anyhow. Was quite the shock to see it on the bottom that morning. Its amazing what about 19 hours can do to the ice..:eek: Was great Friday PM when we checked it out.

We also have the hole marked and i encourage anyone that reads this to pass the word on to anyone thats headed out that way. Also, any break downs in the barrier, please PM me and ill get out ASAP. I want to be sure that its well maintained until she heals up good. With the cold we have forcasted im hopefull that wont be too long.