Raymarine x-10 or garmin autopilot hydraulic

Looking to buy a hydraulic autopilot looking for some input if any body is running ether model I have a single inboard with 25 hp kicker with hydraulic steering with a controll valve to work one or the other it is on a 28 foot baha thanks for any input guys.

Looking to buy a hydraulic autopilot looking for some input if any body is running ether model I have a single inboard with 25 hp kicker with hydraulic steering with a controll valve to work one or the other it is on a 28 foot baha thanks for any input guys.

I have a 28 foot Baha Cruiser too, and when I spoke with a local rep about AP's (he sold both Garmin, and Raymarine by the way) he said to go Raymarine. Garmin has some nice features, but he said he's had some of his customers very dissatisfied with the Garmin when trolling at low speeds to the point where they wanted the unit off their boat(s). I like Garmin, but I think they're relatively new to the AP market. Raymarine has been around a while so when I save up enough coin I'm going Raymarine. Any pics of your Baha? What year is she? I'd love to see some pics. I love my Baha! BTW, mine is a single engine in-board too!

Furuno Nav-Pilot 511. For a few extra dollars, get the unit that FAR outperforms the Garmin and Raymarine. :thumb:, and is know to be as bulletproff as the rest of their products. On a boat that size and spending that kind of money... I wouldnt think twice.... If you dont want to spend the whole time screwing with your new AP, only to have it still not working properly after 2seasons, then get the Furuno! Do some searching on the internet and see what you find. There are lots of comparisons out there.

I like Garmin products as well, but their AP's have gotten a lot of bad reviews, especially for Great Lakes Fishing/Trolling.When it came time to drop $3K on a unit, I wanted the tried and true, and the one chosen the MOST by customers in all walks of life. After 2 seasons with it...I have NO regrets. Since then, I have 3 friends that have removed different units(2 Raymarine and 1 Garmin), took a huge loss, and did what they should have done from the start...bought a Furuno!

Allout....

Check out this link for info on the Furuno. Then even if you dont want Furuno, give this guy a call. 1 (847) 746-0100

His name is John and he is the owner. He is the most knowledgeable guy I have ever spoken with and has 30+ years experience with this stuff. He is also more than willing to talk to you and answer any questions, no matter how long it takes. He is not like most of these guys that only reccomend things they want to sell you. You get his honest opinion with no BS mixed in. He is also familiar with the SimRad stuff so ask him about that to.

Gaurentee when you get off the phone you'll say...WOW, thats the nicest guy i have ever talked to!

http://www.technicalmarine.com/products/furuno-navpilot511

:thumb:

Hi again guys i got the Raymarine st 70 x -10 autopilot. y that one furuno price and rudder ref piont no good . Garmin hydraulic autopilot needs a tacometer bad reveiws.simrad rudder ref point no good. I donot think it would be to hard to install put 2 way valve on hydraulic steering to steer rudder or outboard .I will install in the spring put compass in middle of boat and computer 3 hoses power neama does not sound to hard .Iwill give it hell .Thanks again for all the input .hope this will help someone else.:thumb:

Hi again guys i got the Raymarine st 70 x -10 autopilot. y that one furuno price and rudder ref piont no good . Garmin hydraulic autopilot needs a tacometer bad reveiws.simrad rudder ref point no good. I donot think it would be to hard to install put 2 way valve on hydraulic steering to steer rudder or outboard .I will install in the spring put compass in middle of boat and computer 3 hoses power neama does not sound to hard .Iwill give it hell .Thanks again for all the input .hope this will help someone else.:thumb:

Man, I'm jealous. I'm still trying to convince the wife I need an AP for my rig. She's not buying my argument though.:no: Are you putting quick disconnect fitting s on the hydraulic lines? I was told that it's a good idea because autopilots (doesn't matter what brand) will ultimately have to have the pumps serviced, and the quick disconnects will make removal, and installation a lot easier with minimal oil spillage since the fittings are checked.

Yes john will use quick disconnect on that used them on on kicker motor to valve. what do you think does it look hard to hook up john took someones idea from this site 2 years ago and modified it did not want selinoid vavle ,shut offs and eletric connections .if you need pics or talk let me know all the home work is done be more than happy to be a help

Yes john will use quick disconnect on that used them on on kicker motor to valve. what do you think does it look hard to hook up john took someones idea from this site 2 years ago and modified it did not want selinoid vavle ,shut offs and eletric connections .if you need pics or talk let me know all the home work is done be more than happy to be a help

It looks relatively easy to set up. I'm guessing the hardest part is mounting the unit below deck since it can be tight quarters under there. What diameter hydraulic line do you have, and I'd like to find out the part number of the quick disconnects you're using. If mine is the same diameter I'm betting I'd use the same fittings. The outfitter where I was going to get my AP from said the quick disconnects are expensive, but that could be there mark up since they buy them from the local hydraulic supply store in Holland. I'd like some pics on how you set yours up to give me ideas. That would be great. Thanks a lot! :thumb:

I have a uflex hydraulic steering helm #33 witha u c 69-1 for my rudder .the outboard cylinder is a u c 94-obf with 3/8 hose with the selector valve from northern tool item# 2071 in catalog and u will need fitting from 3/8 to 1/2 inch on valve the fittings are at uflex usa.with the valve the top is input from helm right side is outboard and left is inboard.

Furuno makes the Nav-Pilot 511 with and with out rudder feedback. I'm looking at autopilots myself and have it narrowed to Raymarine or Furuno.

John, does your wife fish with you? If she does just make her drive a few times. After that she will be begging for the AP. When we got the new boat that was the one thing my wife wanted. She hates driving. Now we both enjoy it more when she goes along.

Man, I'm jealous. I'm still trying to convince the wife I need an AP for my rig. She's not buying my argument though.:no: Are you putting quick disconnect fitting s on the hydraulic lines? I was told that it's a good idea because autopilots (doesn't matter what brand) will ultimately have to have the pumps serviced, and the quick disconnects will make removal, and installation a lot easier with minimal oil spillage since the fittings are checked.

John, does your wife fish with you? If she does just make her drive a few times. After that she will be begging for the AP. When we got the new boat that was the one thing my wife wanted. She hates driving. Now we both enjoy it more when she goes along.

No, sadly enough she hates my boat. She's only been on it twice since I bought it. Once for the test drive, and once when we took friends out for a cruise.

To john my2 sons the quick connects are from grainger.com item #6bu53 hope this helps.:thumb:

Thanks a lot. I've been trying to find these, but the marina where I was going to purchase them wouldn't give me the part numbers. Probably because they know I could get them a lot cheaper elsewhere.

It could even save a marriage.

Good news john a little more training and see mite let you get a autopilot ....:D

I hope so. It's tough watching friends use your expensive gear when you're driving the boat. Tried a rotation before where each person takes turns driving so we all get a chance to fish. Not the same.

:thumb:I am with you with that john driving rigging and get the net too.Just got tracking number and new toy will be here tomorrow .Iwill see what raymarine puts in box .I no i will need new hoses have to see what size i wll need for pump .Is it x mas again lol.:thumb: