New Fish Hawk Speed and Temp

MY2SONS

Anybody have any feedback on the new Fish Hawk S & T unit? I had the old style, and didn't care for it much because there was a lot of interference with the other electronics on my boat, and the battery drain on the probe sucked. I was looking at the new unit, but I'm a little skeptical about trying them again in case I have the same problems with my new boat. Spending $600.00 to get the same result isn't an option. Any thoughts would help.:confused:

I LOVE my X4....the probe batterys last 15- 20 trips and there is alot less blow back on that rigger...the head unit is the best out there you can put it in the helm and see all the way to your out downs. I fished on alot of boats and the fish hawk is my favorite bar none.

I have had my Depth Raider a long time now going into it's 6th season. The Fish Hawk is a great unit but has some things I don't care for. One big advantage to the Depth Raider is you can run multiple probes if you want which was my plan before the financial meltdown. Some day I may get back to it. The pure and simple answer is they all work and they all have issues. The one I would love to try is the Cannon unit with actual depth and light meter. If I could afford it I would have a probe on every rigger but most days I don't even run the one I have now.

I have had my Depth Raider a long time now going into it's 6th season. The Fish Hawk is a great unit but has some things I don't care for. One big advantage to the Depth Raider is you can run multiple probes if you want which was my plan before the financial meltdown. Some day I may get back to it. The pure and simple answer is they all work and they all have issues. The one I would love to try is the Cannon unit with actual depth and light meter. If I could afford it I would have a probe on every rigger but most days I don't even run the one I have now.

I looked at the depth raider, and even though it looks like a nice unit the thing that turned me off was the coated cable requirement.

I switched from a Depth Raider to a Fish Hawk X4 this season and I couldnt be happier. Deep water perfromance that I could never get with my DR and clear signals down to over 250 feet. No coated cable and no finicky spring antenna, great battery life, ect.... Also a much more stable speed reading than my DR, and I can put the probe on any rigger I want at any time. Very happy with this unit!

If I had 1 complaint, its that you cant dim the LCD screen. Its nice at dawn and dusk, and during the day, but when its black out its just way to bright.

I switched from a Depth Raider to a Fish Hawk X4 this season and I couldnt be happier. Deep water perfromance that I could never get with my DR and clear signals down to over 250 feet. No coated cable and no finicky spring antenna, great battery life, ect.... Also a much more stable speed reading than my DR, and I can put the probe on any rigger I want at any time. Very happy with this unit!

If I had 1 complaint, its that you cant dim the LCD screen. Its nice at dawn and dusk, and during the day, but when its black out its just way to bright.

I was wondering about that. There's not a dimmer switch of any kind on the unit? I currently have the Moor Subtroll, but I've been having some issues with it. When I send the probe down the display blacks out, and doesn't come back on until it's within 5-6 feet from the surface. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but haven't been able to put my finger on it yet. I recently added a bunch of new equipment this past Summer so I was getting to know it all in a short period of time. Probably overlooked something. I really like the new Fish Hawk so I may make the switch.

• 3 weeks later...