Frozen fish eggs?

BRIAN0214

I caught some steelhead with eggs inside and I know these are the best eggs to fish with expeciallly in the spring. I froze them will they be any good to fish with next spring? Or will freezing destroy them? I will use a spawn bag.

I dont like freezing eggs as it does destroys them fairly quickly. Thaw them soon and treat as follows: What i do is use a commercial egg cure from atlas company treat the eggs right away, Or a mix of borax and what ever color jello you want to cure your eggs. an odd color but one that works is grape with yellow mesh also mix in some granulated garlic. pour them in to a jar put a cup of aluminum foil over them take a piece of wax paper and light it with a match or lighter drop it in and cap it up. the burning wax paper sucks up all the air and seals the jar put in the fridge and they can keep for over a year. Someof you old river fisherman may kno this man: An old river fisherman named Tom Schneider nick named Corky Man(the original corky man, field tester for yakima worden and helin products) Got the nick name because he wouldnt fish a steelhead without a corky on his spawn rig, near the Au Sable in oscoda taught me that trick. he claimed eggs would last two years doing that. I never kept them over a year. Another method Tom taught me was brig to boil a pot of water mix in salt till the water wouldn't absord any more add half that amount in sugar. let cool to room temp. place eggs in water they will sink. when they float up take them out and dry them on and jar as above.