Scouting new areas

Given that I know relatively little about the various areas around here to try for fish, I figured I would try and expand on the area we fished last weekend. Went to the black river mouth there and while there wasn't much current, there was an abundance of boat traffic... I figured that I would try google earth to search for some other areas that I might be able to try with these new techniques. I came across this channel on the black river that goes STRAIGHT into lake Huron... Have you guys ever seen or fished this? with any success?

picture.php?albumid=151&pictureid=316

If this image didnt work I apologize. (if you open the image in a new window or tab, you should be able to see it)

Edited by Priority1
Trying to get the picture to work.

It's unfishable, private land on both sides. They made that to help the water in the Black River flush out. I guess because it's such a slow current the water got pretty stagnet in the summer. People take boats out of there occasionally. There's a door on it by the lake that you never know if it's going open or closed. A friend of ours takes his boat out of there sometimes but sometimes has to push it out at the end because it fills with sand.

chheck out andersons pro bait on the internet. There's quite a few fishing reports on there. Also, they have a fishing hot line 810 984 FISH they update that weekly. I have heard of salmon running all the way up to the State game area on M 136 where Mill Creek dumps into the Black River, but I have never fished it in the fall only in the spring with no luck. Try stopping into Anderson's Pro Bait in Port Huron. Those guys are always willing to lend a hand.