Headed out with a few friends yesterday morning with the intention of running out to the bank. I knew it was supposed to be a bit bumpy but when we got out to the light house the waves ended up being a bit rougher that I had hoped. So I made the decision to turn around and head out to the Green Bay side and try our luck out there. The other guys on the boat seemed happy to make the turn, they looked pretty nervous when the waves started spraying over the bow. We put down in about 80 FOW on a North troll, shortly after it started raining and did not stop all morning. We took our first hit in 85 FOW on a dipsy 160 back with a white paddle and a blue glow fly, a small king. We would take two more fish on three hits on riggers on the morning. A rigger trolled tight to the bottom with a chartreuse paddle and a Oceana fly took an 8# king and a miss. Our last fish, another 8# king, came on a rigger with a chrome flasher and a hypnotist fly parked at 75. We have not put in any time fishing on the Green bay side out of Sturgeon Bay so I was happy to put a few fish in the boat.

img00062.jpg