Port Sheldon 7-24 & 7-25

We had signed up to fish the B4K tourney this weekend, but as most of you know the storm was ugly. A few boats went out and thank goodness we had no reports of anyone having problems (other than sparks from graphite rods :eek:).

Anyway, we did not fish Sat morning, but everyone was geeked to go fishing so we went out Sat night. Managed a few fish but they were biting light. They would take a pass and just bump stuff and no fish. We went 5 for about 8 but had many other bumps. One was about 15 pounds, the other 4 were 6-8lbs each. We marked a TON of fish in 85-110fow with very few takers. Waves were going north at about 3 foot, but were spread out and it was pretty nice.

Sunday morning was a different story. Figured it would lay down (based on Sat night). NOPE. Waves now going the complete opposite direction and they were angry. Fished anyway, but it was not very productive. many boats on the water looking for the fishes from the night before with very few to be found. We managed 1 for 3. The two we lost were about 6-8 pounds. One swam away with a blue ladder back 8"echip with a blue fly that was on a dipsey with mag ring parked at 160out on 1.5. The other was on a ace high double glow on full core. The fish we boated was maybe 6 pounds on 300 copper on a moonshine psycho spoon.

The interesting thing (that may explain why the bite sucked on Sunday) was when I opened the fish up that we caught. The stomach was FULL, so I figured lets see. There were 8 4" alewives in the gut. Keep in mind this was a 6lb fish. Probably 1.5pounds were in the stomach. I'm very surprised that he still hit our bait.

We had the same thing sunday morning. Every time we have a storm with that much lightening it always shuts the fish off for a couple days. Coupled with the fuller moon, the fish tend to eat more on a full moon, that makes fishing tough. usually when that happens i give it a couple days after a storm like that and then go out. Then the fish become raenous and you can get a lot of hook ups. WE are going out tuesday night (i think).