To those that use the super lines for downriggers

I currently have braid on 2 riggers and cable on 2, I am going to switch to all cable tomorrow, The Sea Fleas just kill the braid. But for 2 seasons now I have used the Walker terminals for attaching my downrigger weights just tie a double half hitch around the main line after you thread the line thru the terminal end. These ends are available at most tackle stores and are really easy to use on both cable and braid. If u use cable just run the cable thru as shown on the package, I put a crimp sleeve just above the attachment then trim the end.

Palmer knot or the wire knot works well with it. Look at Lake Ontario Tweets a few days back under Chasin' Tail Adventures and he posted a picture of what fleas look like and do to your downrigger when they get bad. We run it on 2 out of the 3 riggers on our ride, and I deal with it. The Scottys chew it off the braid pretty decent. Every time the ball comes up I have to hit it with the hose so they dont get stained. We fish the West end mostly on Lake O and the temps are a little cooler, so they aren't too too bad.