Lead core and planers boards

Now that I have used my lead core rods for a few trips what is the right way to redeploy the out side board without getting tangled with the inside board? hasn't happened yet, but would like to avoid the inevitable.

Simple Jim. If you have more than one per side, than put the deepest runner on the inside. When resetting the out (shallower) core, let it straight back off the stern, let it pull tight a few moments (this will bring it up to running depth), hook the board on, and let it back far enough to clear your long core, then let it pull around.

kens theory is right, run it right down the chute thumb it once in awhile to make sure its running up high like it should and not sinking into your dipseys if your not driving very straight. Then attach the board and free spool it until you know its behind everything else. Tighten it up and it will swing around into place, you might want to reel it up into line once it gets out much wider than your heavier inside core. If your really worried about any of this give it a shot at 10 am when most people are quitting, its a great time to try some things, and set lines in tricky spots. Too much pressure getting fancy at 4 am at go time. Good luck. I had 4 hits on my half core with a double orange crush last night.