Been getting out pretty consistently with these calm seas and some free time. 3 to 4 fish has been the norm, last week it was a mix of bows and kings, this week lake trout have been common. Even took a king in the top 10 feet on a 2 color leadcore in 100 fow.

Heres a link to some action from early in the week including a nice 16 pounder for a rookie.

smZEml2TEQc

Edited by GLF
Embedded video and removed link.

1VwRusfcN1o

Video is from Memorial day. Lasts about 3 minutes, and has a couple real screamers peeling line. I had never set a downrigger until this week, so 3 fires in 15 minutes was pretty exciting to me. Especially the minute and a half reset on my 11 inch flasher.

Edited by BlueCollarOutdoors
Add embed

• 3 weeks later...

Took 2 bows and 4 kings last night, missing 4 others that were hooked up for under a minute. All small fish in shallow with the biggest going 10 lbs. Good to see some little guys though, and we let some of the quicker landings go for another day. Half core, weighted birds, and dipseys up high with glow spoons all working. Also took my first fish on a fixed slider spoon.

• 2 weeks later...

Heres a link to some deep water kewaunee salmon, I think we ended up something like 6 for 12 this day, with some nice fish lost on the riggers. Most of the action from 6 to 8 pm on my buddies boat. Nice to get the early bite going, and a couple rainbows to boot.

Edited by BlueCollarOutdoors
embed youtube video

Had alot of issues this day, seemed that everthing went wrong that could.

I had a day like that the other weekend, it happens. Nice job on the fish!

How deep have you guys been running in Kewaunee? I have only taken one short trip out there but I would like to get to know a few more areas.

kyle, we were running out fairly deep last week running from 100 to 200, and fishing deep with riggers, then a few days back the wind brought cold water everywhere and it didnt matter if you fished, the water was like ice! Piers were packed and they were getting some kings and rainbows.

Well we threw some money in the hat for our first tournament this weekend, and we finished up 10th out of 44 teams in the kewaunee offshore derby. We had the 6th and 9the biggest fish registerd, but didnt come up with much for numbers. Times were from 6 am let go from the launch to 2 pm. About a quarter of the filed registered zero or no fish at all. High skies, no wind or waves didnt help the mid day bite.

We will be back at it soon enough. Heres a few pictures.HPIM1791.jpg

HPIM1789.jpg

Thanks guys, pretty excited to get at it again soon. Should be out a few times this week, and then the Door Kewaunee 10 day tickets start, around 10 grand for the big fish.

It sure changes your mentality when cash is on the line, but we had a blast. Really makes you work harder and whine less when nothing is happening, you gotta go make it happen.

Good luck to you guys! We will be out for both of the weekends to do a little combat fishing as well. I wish I had the opportunity to fish during the week, but we will just have to make it work. It certainly does add some excitement to the day though.