Kewaunee Salmon Fishing on Lake Michigan

uieImnch2Zg

3 for 5 the next morning loosing a 4 yr old chinook at the boat after 20 minutes of reefing on the lb ball and another dipsy screamer ripped the hook clean off of my favorite spoon. Enjoy. This ones about 3 1/2 minutes

Edited by GLF
Embedded video

• 1 month later...

Heres some action from a morning last week, waves were building and the fish were hammering. My friend got one a downrigger rod that tangled in a fixed slider and took him 45 minutes to land the fish. I landed 4 in that time. Fun morning could have used a few more hands, and the video doesnt show the first couple hits because it was too dark yet.

6q02bHVsRtw

Edited by GLF
embed video

• 1 month later...

Sometime in July, couldnt see 100 yards in that junk. The fishing however was very good.:D

WE landed a few fish on riggers with green flashers, then dipseys with white flashers and a happy meal spoon. Around 9 oclock we hit 2 rainbows and 2 double digit kings on orange spoons on the 5 color and a 2 oz snapweight back 150 feet on the boards in 125 fow.

h1fbpuvgNr4

Edited by BlueCollarOutdoors
link

Glad you like it. Any of the fish where we were removing the boards in the later half of the video were around 9 oclock. The fog woud lift a touch then get terrible again. It was very strange. When we quit around 10 we were greeted by a wall around 30 fow. Our windsheild, the fishing line, even our shirts instantly were holding water.

Had a lot of fun on that little boat this summer, and my 40 dollar riggers were a great investment. Im sitting around 125 fish for the year, I think I had 30 last year, and 20 the year before. So Im moving in the right direction I guess.

Edited by BlueCollarOutdoors
added on

It was fine that day, a week later when by some miracle it ended up in the livewell....not so good. Took it apart, dried it all out, still works but looks about 60 percent of what it used to. Not happy about that at all. The lens has a constant fog to it. Thats why i havnt been putting up any new videos.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

4gMr0zpqkhQ

Maiden voyage on friends new to him boat for this season.

Bite wasnt fast and furious but we did put the net to

8 lb salmon flasher fly off a deep rigger

5 lb rainbow flasher fly off a medium rigger

4 lb rainbow on a 2 color core and orange spoon(that we dragged around in rough seas forever)

8/9 pound king off a rigger down 80 feet.

Water was roughly 53 degrees.

Enjoy.