Alpena-Rockport Report 5/24

Another great day of fishing. Launched the boat early this morning looking to grab a couple atlantics before it got sunny. Much to my surprise water temp had dropped 5 degrees since the morning before. The lake trout had moved in heavy into the atlantic waters and we had a 5 man limit in just under 3 hours of fishing. After changing out presentations and picking up the pace we ended up going 0-2 on the little acrobatic suckers. They were fun to watch even though they didnt end up all the way to the boat. The lake trout came on everything from spinners to mags, to body baits. Lead core, riggers and flat lines all worked. Pretty much a stick your finger in the water kind of day. Tomorrow we hope to duplicate the same success, but this time im going to try and stay awake long enough to get pictures before someone cleans the fish :P

P.S. I do have an opening on the boat for tomorrow, yes short notice but send me a pm if interested.

Great Job, Surprised to hear that the Atlantics are in thick that far south. We watched a couple of them jumping right out of the water a couple of hundred feet from shore in St Ignace a couple of days ago. I still would like to get down there and fish with you. That or you are welcome to come up to St Ignace and fish off of my boat. I have to find a boat on auto show weekend as I will not be able to trailer mine through town to get it in the water. I might get a spot at the marina and put it in a slip. Then I can walk from my house and fish