Super Salmon Slam Question

GLF

The kick off is just around the corner. I see the rules are posted on your website now.

Are the registration cards printed already?

"Anyone between the ages of 10 and 16 at the time of registration will be entered as a youth. Minimum age for the SSS is 10. Anyone 17 and older must register as an adult."

"Agrees that every person aboard any boat, private or charter must be registered in the SSS tournament, including captains, mates, and observers to be a legal participant in the SSS for that fishing trip. Any non registered person onboard, whether fishing or not, will void any fish caught that trip for entry into the SSS unless they are under the age of 10 see exception below. A supporting affidavit may be required by all registered contestants aboard the same boat, affirming the integrity of the catch and also that no unregistered person was aboard the boat at the time of the catch. Exception: Youths under the age of 10 are allowed on the boat as observers only. Number of rods allowed and fish limits are based solely on the numbers of registered participants. "

I fish almost every weekend with my 8 and 5 year old. Because they are under the age of 10, they are only allowed to be an observer. Any chance of removing the minimum age for youths? What fun is it to them to fish, if they are not allowed to reel in a fish?

Tickets are avaliable at Pyles, Big Lake Outfitters, and Gold Coast. Should be at Fishin Hole tomarrow, and Fish on and Archers Angler early next week.

Most of our rules were adapted from the LOC rules. Not sure of their reason for that one. I will take this to the commitee and try to get you an answer back as soon as possible.

After I thought about this more, I can understand why they have the age limit set at 12. My kids are good at fishing for a couple of hours. After that, they play in the cabin. I still keep the extra rods in the water while they are in the cabin.

What was the verdict on allowing a boat to register for the season instead of each person on board/ ie....charter boats

• 2 weeks later...