Single or treble

Hey .....I was fishing the other day and lost 4 Lakers on my favorite Stinger HAMMER , so I checked the hook , couldn't even scratch my thumb nail , so I switched it with a Gamakatsu 2/0 octopus hook and let me tell you , the next 5 Lakers that hook was barried , do you guys think that was because of the new sharp hook or do you think the single hook hooks up better ????....I bet this topic was discussed many times , but I could not find anything ....Thanks, Mark

I think it was the sharp hook. I don't think it makes a difference if it is a treble or single. This is a personal preference I think. As long as they are sharp it dosen't matter. I run a treble on all my spoons, but singles on my flies. I will say that if I found a dull treble on a hot lure and only had singles to replace it, they would go on and that lure would go back in the water.

Sharpen hooks = alot more fish. I guess i have what you called hook OCD lol. Every spoon on our boat gets sharpened once every year in the spring and every time it goes in the water to matter what. As far as the single VS treble idk i like trebles but i like singles for taking fish out of the net. I have both on out boat and have some good success on singles for bows. JMO

I replace all the hooks on my hot lures. I also keep a hook file handy. The one charter I went on, the caption had a file clipped to his belt, and the hooks got touched up after every fish. Some will say Single hooks are better, but sharp hooks are the best.

I use some Siwash singles on spoons but prefer sharp trebles on spoons Owner Trebles and Gamakatsu singles Siwash for spoons and Octopus for my flies all my hand tied fly setups are double Octopus singles on Flouroleader material. I may seem to have some of this backwards as I start with great hooks and terminal tackle and end with cheap rods and reels. But the fact is I can in a pinch replace a broken rod or reel and have even done it a few times with a fish on however when the leader breaks or the hook fails all you can do is reel it in and start over if the fish is stuck on a good hook and I can count on the line to hold I can drag one a bit while I swap out gear and retie.

Single and Sharp. They hook up and stay hooked. Singles hang nice in the box. Singles don't hang up in the net. You are less likely to get hooked dealing with a lively fish. The only drawback I have found is brain hooking shakers.:)