Nauticus trim tab review

O.k. guys, I had a real problem with my boat not getting up on plane. I would hit the throttle hard and still it would take forever to plane out. The boat was nearly vertical in the water for a long time, so I decided to try these trim tabs called Nauticus Smart Tabs SX. Sure, I could have tried re-proping or adjusting the weight distribution in the boat, but why do that if these things actually work?

I was not expecting a whole lot for only $115 but man was I wrong. My boat jumps on plane now almost instantly. It was the best money I have spent in a long time.

A normal trim tab system would be 400 to 700 bucks and I considered it, but after reading a bunch of reviews I tried these. They flat out work.

Sure...you can not adjust each one individually and that may be a con for you, but for the money they can't be beat in my opinion. My boat rides extremely level now and the reality for me is that adjusting trim tabs is just one more thing to think about and with these there is no need to think about anything, they just work. I can't say enough good things about them. The boat planes out, has more stability and they were super easy to install.

I love trim tabs on a boat. Allows you to fine tune your trim even more. Great when your dealing with changing wave conditons, you can level the boat out if you have one extra person on one side of the boat etc...Great tool to have on your boat.

Adam, these are not adjustable. So I can not adjust each one, they are basically a trim tab with only a gas shock connected to them, but for the money they are well worth it.

I just wanted to get on plane faster and these fixed that.

what comes in handy is when you have dual fuel tanks and are trolling on one motor alot, the boat lists to one side from the heavier fuel tank on the motor that is not trolling. You can offset this with the trim tabs.