Here is small youtube video of Raikuu Canal. This part of Saimaa is one of my personal favourites...absolutely......In this area we also have couple fabulous sand beaches free to use. So I have been combining fishing with small scale camping and enjoying those few days of heat here in north.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been asked what my company name Old School Trolling means. When I was youg boy, me and my grandfather used to fish in the way I descripe next.

While driving route we used to troll, when reached specific bank or rocks we stopped and changed method to icefishing from boat, wormfishing or casting spoons or spinners. We also used nets and fish-traps during those fishing events. That kind of fishing was variegated and some parts of it I still use in my events.

Most important lesson I learned was to take only what we eated. We did not kill any fishes just for fun. What we we not goin to eat we released. That was ideology of old school fishing and these are values I am still using. I take what I eat and release the rest keeping balance with nature. Nature is for finding peace with your stressed mind, relaxing you if you let it do so.

Thank you guy`s. We got ice cover to our lakes last week, trolling season over, ice fishing season getting started.....;p

Would you like to read some fishing tales of mine here in your forum. I have been thinking some kind of blog, but individual thread of my fishing events could be easiest to maintain.

Thank you guy`s. We got ice cover to our lakes last week, trolling season over, ice fishing season getting started.....;p

Would you like to read some fishing tales of mine here in your forum. I have been thinking some kind of blog, but individual thread of my fishing events could be easiest to maintain.

Yes.

We also like Ice fishing pictures.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...