Any Aluminum machinists out there?

I am in need of an extra sliding plate for a Model #01-2424 Cabela's 90" Downrigger Mounting Bar. This is the plate that slides into the track and you mount the downrigger or whatever to it.

I tried contacting Cabelas, but they are not responding in a timely manner. Does anybody have an extra plate you could part with, or know where I might be able to get one made?

I'll post the dimensions in the morning...

Thanks,

JC

Edited by Hoosier_Steelheader
typo

Paul,

The overall dimensions of the plates are 5" X 6" X 1/2" thick.

Here's a link to the paperwork that came with them you can see the plates on the right hand column Click HERE.

I don't need any holes, I have a drill press and can put those in myself. Just need 1 extra plate to mount my fish hawk on the Downrigger board.

Let me know what I owe you...

Thanks,

JC

Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like you just need a piece of 1/2" aluminum 5"x6"? If that's all you need it would probably be easier to check with a local machine shop. If you find one that does work with aluminum they should have some 1/2" lying around. If you need the edges machined to fit in the track then I'm not being any help and I apologize.

Nick you are absolutely correct, and I work at one of the worlds largest machine/job shops, time was when a 6 pack and a fishing trip would get you anything you needed fabrication included.

But (here at least)now the salvage companies have contracted with everyone in town for their scrap metals. Even banding straps... and garage mechanics don't stand a chance.:(

Update:

Paul, lets hold off on the plate for now, I was talking with a guy this morning, who has some 6" flat stock and he might have a piece we can saw to length.

Thanks guys..

JC

I have lots of 1/2" stock around if you have no luck local let me know I will knock one or two out for you. Your local steel supply should be able to cut it to size and even drill for just a few bucks. Or like I say I will send you what you need for the shipping.